Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Beans from Madagascar

           Beans have been the most common food to be eaten in the world.

According to research that was made last year by World Food Program, it was published that, planting beans has been a success activity in 94 percent of African regions, 86 percent of European regions and 90 percent of Amercican regions.

This dish has also been a good exposure and challenge as I made during class presentation.

I am indeed a fan of the dish but i had never before come to the time of making the same myself.

This class has enabled me to face the reality and I am very pround of my ability in making this dish.

This time round, I did not get the opportunity to call my First lady in order to make this dish for her and us to experience the good achievement.

As any manager of the house, during your shopping time, beans have always appeared on the list as long as they will help you to run a month without food crisis.

This specific type of beans was in my House and that is why I had to cook it for the class.
 Before i give you the ingredients and the procedure of cooking this is what happened to me.

I was just chilling on thursday at home with my books and novels and i knew that the cooking on friday won't take me so much time.

The following day in the morning, i prepared everything that i needed for the cooking at 8am I started my cooking. this is what I did, I took gently the dry beans and put in the boiled water that was on the fire.

I knew the way the temperature was high, my beans will be soft in a very short time and for me to be ready for my class presentation.

It took me 2 hours boilling the beans and Up to a point i started panicking about the situations. As usual I called my First Lady for assistance through the phone.

She told me that the problem started from the beginning but, just keep adding water until the beans get soft. I persevered in the process of cooking. After two hours spending in the boilling of beans, I had to make the sauce that I would mix with the beans. I had to take out the beans water and put it aside. i fried for 10 minutes the softened beans and after frying I had to mix the sauce made with the fried beans. I mixed for 5 minutes then I took again the beans water that I kept aside and added in the beans. I waited fot the complete mixture which took me just 5 more minutes.

After a long preparation my dish was perfect and ready for consumption in the Class.

The following is the required ingredients to make the Beans Burgers from Madagascar:

1 cup dried Madagascar beans, soaked overnight and cooked until soft, then mashed
1 onion and 3 garlic cloves chopped finely and fried until soft
1/4 cup parsley chopped finely
1 cup grated cheese
1 egg
2 carrots, grated
Dash of tamari or soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.

The process goes this way:

Step One  
You soak the beans over night. This will facilitate the softening of the beans while boiling
Step Two
You cook together all the other ingredients with oil in another pan under a very moderated heat.

 Step Thee
Put Aside the water beans
Step Four
Fry the beans for 5 minuters
Step Five
Mix the beans with the sauce that you have made in the other pan for 5 minutes
Step Six
Add the water beans and mix it then wait for 5 minutes

From there on, the beans is ready and can be eaten with rice.  Image

 




No comments:

Post a Comment